Account Check Deposit
This module allows you to easily manage check deposits : you can select all the checks you received and create a global deposit for the selected checks. This module supports multi-currency ; each deposit has a currency and all the checks of the deposit must have the same currency (so, if you have checks in EUR and checks in USD, you must create 2 deposits : one in EUR and one in USD).
In the menu Accounting > Configuration > Accounting > Journals, create a new journal:
- Name: Checks Received
- Type: Bank
- Short Code: CHK (or any code you want)
- Default Debit Account: select an account for checks received
- Default Credit Account: idem
This bank journal will be available as a payment method in Odoo. The account you configured as Default Debit Account and Defaut Credit Account is the account via which the amounts of checks will transit between the reception of a check from a customer and the validation of the check deposit in Odoo.
On the Settings page of the Accounting, you should configure the Check Deposit Offsetting Account:
- if you select Bank Account, the counter-part of the account move related to the check deposit will be the default debit account of the bank account selected on the check deposit.
- if you select Transfer Account, you will have to select a specific account that will be used as transfer account for check deposits.
When you receive a check that pays a customer invoice, you can go to that invoice and click on the button Register Payment and select the Check Received journal as Payment Method.
When you want to deposit checks to the bank, go to the menu Accounting > Adviser > Check Deposit, create a new check deposit and set the journal Checks Received and select the bank account on which you want to credit the checks. Then click on Add an item to select the checks you want to deposit at the bank. Eventually, validate the deposit and print the report (you probably want to customize this report).